PATHWAYS TO MINDFULNESS
HOW DOES PATHWAYS TO MINDFULNESS DIFFER TO THE ENHANCES AWARENESS PROGRAM?
What bootcamp at the gym is to the body, Pathways to Mindfulness (PTM) is to the mind, and if we keep the analogy going, the Enhances Awareness Program (EAP) would be like working with a Personal Trainer. Participants of the PTM program become familiar with and experience a taste of the benefits of living life more mindfully, but may not find the results as sustainable as those who participate in the Enhances Awareness Program.
Pathways to Mindfulness is made up of a handful of pivotal concepts and activities extracted from the EAP but delivered as 8 sessions (as apposed to the 36 - 48 sessions it takes to complete the EAP). Mentors have the choice to deliver the 8 sessions as they please - 8 x 1.5 hour sessions, 4 x 3 hour sessions or 2 full day sessions for example.
Where the EAP has been designed for mentors to work one-on-one with clients, when working with Pathways to Mindfulness you have the option of working one-on-one with clients or running group workshops.
Some of our mentors run generic Pathways to Mindfulness workshops and others are choosing to tailor their workshops and the delivery of the content to focus on role specific groups - health professionals, teachers / education professionals, people in business / leadership teams, mothers or couples for example.
Pathways to Mindfulness is a great alternative to the EAP for those who are:
new to the concept of mindfulness
unsure if they are ready to commit to a 9 - 12 month program (EAP)
who have completed the EAP but would like to revisit the conversation
businesses or groups who understand the benefits of mindfulness and would like to run workshops for their employees
WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM PARTICIPATING?
Like the Enhances Awareness Program, this program is designed for anyone who is wanting to improve the quality of their life. Most people are usually motivated to participate as they can relate to one of these situations. They;
are committed to ongoing personal / professional growth
struggle to maintain inner peace or stillness
are at a cross roads in life and unsure how to move forward
are experiencing a general feeling of discontent or wanting more out of life
are suffering (ie unhappy in relationships, lack of fulfilment in their career, low self-esteem etc)
have heard about the benefits of mindfulness and would like to learn how to incorporate mindfulness into their life
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
SESSION 1 : UNDERSTANDING CONSCIOUSNESS, AWARENESS AND MINDFULNESS
Explore your conscious and subconscious habits. Become really clear about the difference between awareness and mindfulness and the role they play in helping you to create a life you love.
SESSION 2 : YOUR PERSONAL AWARENESS
In this session you will complete two awareness activities.
Maslach Burnout Inventory - gain awareness of how you view the work you do in the world
Personal Awareness Profiling - explore how you are currently engaging life mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually.
SESSION 3 : AN INSIGHT TO YOUR STORY - PART 1
Identify the core fear that is responsible for your stressor trends and strategies that you have created to avoid the reality of that fear.
SESSION 4 : AN INSIGHT TO YOUR STORY - PART 2 and DISCOVERING THE GIFT
Identify one sentence (your story) that best summarises those strategies, and identify the source of your beliefs, behaviours, expectations and fears, and how they emerge from your story. Then, identify the gifts and abilities that emerged from your story and the way in which they have supported you in life. Consider what you can do to sustain awareness of these gifts in life.
SESSION 5 : THE SYMPTOMS OF MY STORY
Identify the way your story has impacted on you mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually, and how you might experience those elements differently if you were free of the limiting nature of your story.
SESSION 6 : A NEW AWARENESS
Consider what you could be doing differently, to what you do now, as it relates to the four symptoms you identified in the last session.
SESSION 7 : BRIDGING THE GAP
Create a strategy for how you will move from your current reality to a more self loving alternative.
SESSION 8 : LIVING MINDFULLY
Explore in greater detail what is required to live a mindful life. Learn about the three blocks to mindfulness and how maintaining awareness and mindfulness leads to a life of compassion, benevolence, purpose and inner stillness.
POST WORKSHOP : MAINTAINING MINDFULNESS
To assist with maintaining awareness and mindfulness, each participant receives a journal complete with 56 days of reflection activities.
Through your guidance of the Pathways to Mindfulness Program your client is providing themselves with an opportunity to become more aware of their values and more conscious of how they think, act and feel. Through identifying their story they gain the ability to observe how it plays out in their life, as opposed to being fully immersed in the drama of it. Clients of the Enhances Awareness Program consistently report the following benefits from participating in the program:
• Generally happier across all areas of their life.
• Restored love and connection in relationships that have been turbulent or broken for a long time.
• Able to communicate with more clarity and confidence.
• More freedom to be themselves and spend less time worrying about what others think of them.
• Less demanding of themselves and others, finding that they are no less productive or effective.
• Take the time to really listen to others, less consumed by their own thoughts.
• Take more time to listen to themselves and prioritise looking after their needs just as much as others.
• Not as emotionally reactive, giving them time to respond in a way that is more beneficial.
• Experience less frustration, anxiety and anger.
• Feel less exhausted.
• More motivated to engage in life.
• Increased confidence, helping them to make choices that will take their life in the direction they want.
• Consume less alcohol and drugs.
• Have found a new passion for the work they do, or move on to employment that is more serving to them.
• Improved financial situations.
• Improved sleep.
• More committed to health and fitness than ever before.
• Improved health and wellbeing.
• Less dependent on the approval of others as they start to develop a deeper sense of self-worth.
START YOUR EAP MENTOR JOURNEY TODAY
If you feel you would like more information on the Pathways to Mindfulness program before becoming an EAP Mentor, that’s no problem. There are a couple of things you can do:
1. Visit our events page to see a complete list of upcoming Pathways to Mindfulness Workshops. Find a workshop that is most suited to your situation and then reach out to the instructor who is running the event for more information on how you can attend.
2. Read the six part series ‘Mindful Living’ on our blog.
4. Contact EAP HQ with any questions.